Saturday, September 12, 2009

Who'd They Sample? Saturdays: Nosaj Thing- Aquarium

I heard the sampled version of this song by Kid Cudi around a year ago. Kid Cudi's song, "Man On The Moon (The Anthem)", is one of my favorite Cudi songs due in large part to the amazing beat. The video for Nosaj Thing's "Aquarium" is captivating and beautiful. To me the video is about a man who falls in love with a mermaid. Although she loves him back she still longs for the ocean. One day she goes back into the ocean and he follows her in. I emailed Nosaj Thing and this is what he had to say about my ideas, "I'm pretty much on the same page with you on the video. I wasn't involved with making that video. It isn't the concept I had in mind when I made the song either. I called it aquarium because I was inspired by a big aquarium that I visited the summer I made the song". Anyways check out the video and be sure to check out Nosaj Thing.


1 comment:

Sylvie said...

I love the song.
i wonder what imagery Nosaj Thing has in his mind. What would he like to see with his song?