Friday, September 11, 2009

Michael Jordan aka Hall of Famer

I had to post something about MJ being inducted to the Hall. Some might ask, "what does this have to do with hip hop?" and my response would be, everything! So much about MJ is exactly like hip hop and the hip hop "lifestyle". From retiring multiple times like Jay-Z to selling out shoes like Run DMC. Flying across the court so gracefully and flowing on a track with such rhythm is something I identify being one of the same. MJ was such a huge part of my childhood (as was hip hop). One of my favorite MJ moments was back in 1992 ( game 1 of the NBA Finals vs. the Blazers) when Jordan went off in the first half. The part that sticks out the most in that game is when MJ hit his 6th three of the half and then looks over at Marv Albert and the rest of the NBC announcers and shrugs. Sometimes MJ even surprised MJ. I'm so glad I followed him so closely back then because now I have a lot of dope memorabilia to show for it (including a sick MJ and Spike Lee poster and some really dope MJ watches). Anyways I feel like if you dig MC Hammer then you most certainly dig Michael Jordan. Congrats MJ! And yes, I still "want to be like Mike" (I also wish I could go back into time when Gatorade was in the glass jars).



And if that didn't pump you up: The Alan Parsons Project- Sirius (aka the Chicago Bulls intro music)

No comments: