Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Return of 4Eva Review
























First off I would like to say that I'm thoroughly impressed by K.R.I.T. (time and time again). I guess what they say is right, the best things in life are free! Throughout listening to this tape I found myself gradually turning the volume up with each and every song that I listened to. I've never been to the South before but every time I hear a K.R.I.T. track I can almost smell the Magnolia's. I'm dumbfounded on how a rapper from this generation has so much soul. It's really rare these days and without a doubt a blessing. With an intro song that has more substance and playback potential than most of these other rappers singles (you rappers should play this track before you go on stage). This is what I call hands-free music. Just press play, sit back and enjoy.

Here's a handful of the songs that stood out to me (at least for the first few times I've played the tape).

Rise and Shine
Something you should do if you're still sleeping on Krizzle! "Prayin' for the future but I'm dealin' with the past." Such a simple lyric but there's so much emotion in those few words. "Tired of sittin' on the couch, watchin' celebs pout about the troubles of a million dollar house." Damn! So ill!

R4 Theme Song
You can get your head noddin' with this one. Such a feel good beat! People forget that K.R.I.T. produces too! Super human dude right here.

Dreamin'
This is one of the dopest beats I've heard in a while and instantly one of my favorite K.R.I.T. tracks. Krizzle sampled the Brothers of Souls song "Dream". "In a class of my own but I was scared to raise my arm."

Sookie Now ft. David Banner
Ahhhh shit! Surprisingly I was really excited when Banner came on track. I haven't really listened to him since his "Mississippi" album. Head stays noddin' throughout this track.

American Rapstar
"An A&R once told me “you can determine the worth of a song within 15 seconds of it playing”. With complete n utter lack of the fact that it takes takes all 3 minutes and 40 seconds of a song to comprehend what I’m sayin’. It aint a single if it don’t fly. It aint a hit if it don’t ride. Now he couldn’t tell me the components of a smash but the ringtones were their all-time high. And a rappers only as big as his chain, the flashier the better." I love how K.R.I.T. believed in something and stayed true to it. Throughout this tape he sheds light on the music industry and how he waited until it was right. I'm really glad he had the courage to not listen to what others were saying.

Amtrak
Officially the theme song for Rail Road Hip Hop! This beat and K.R.I.T.'s flow on this one = dopeness! "I know you hear this train comin'."

Another Naive Individual Glorifying Greed and Encouraging Racism
This one right here has to be my favorite track on this whole tape! So much pain and passion in that intro. This one will be on repeat for some time! Beautiful music from a beautiful human being.

The Vent
Honestly almost teared up on this one. "How can the devil take my brother if he's close to me?" Such a dope Tupac lyric sample. Then the rhyming pattern off the first few sentences on "Changes". So good. "The radio don't play the shit I used to love, or maybe I'm just growin' up." Man K.R.I.T. is so easy to relate to.

All in all this is one of the dopest pieces of combined music I've ever heard. K.R.I.T. you've officially cemented your place in time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

couldnt agree more, one of the best mixtapes i have heard in a long time

W.A.T.T.S. said...

Krit is better than a lot of veteran rappers in the NORTH let alone the south. He's the truth, his music is honest and from the heart and one can't help but respect it...
He's embodies "one hit away". Krit'll be all the way on soon...like on on.

Kristijonas said...

Definitely agree with this review. This guy is absolutely DOPE - the music is loud, thunderous, catchy, and filled with passion. Most of all - it really resonates with the listener, no matter what our childhood or upbringing was like. This guy's bringing some Tupac passion back, and I love it.