Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Blu Talks Common, The Roots, Andre 3000 & More



"In this segment Blu tells Hard Knock the story of when he first heard Common's I used to Love H.E.R and how that influenced him to want to be an MC. "From then on my brain hasn't been the same". Canibus, Common, Chino XL, Redman.... Black Thought then Pharoahe Monch, Andre...I slept on Andre 3000".

Blu goes on to talk about how he linked up with The Roots to work on two songs for their album How I Got Over and what it was like to be in the booth with Black Thought, whom he used to listen to in high school.

Blu confirmed the rumors that he thought about signing to Death Row at one point and told us the story of how he rapper 100 bars in front of Suge Knight and a bunch of his homies.

Blu says that it's dope to reflect on his Freshmen XXL cover and how he feels a bond with the artist on it like Curren$y, Asher Roth, Cudi, Wale, B.o.B, Charles Hamilton.
Blu concludes this segment by saying that there is some heat coming from LA rappers like Kendrick Lamar, Pac Div, U-N-I, Dom. "I think we got it right now." Look out for Dre and Detox.

Part 3 with Blu next week."

No comments: