Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Kanye West: Power (To The People Remix)


"This is a video in support of #jan25 in Egypt, connecting the lyrics of Kanye West’s “Power (Remix)” featuring Jay-Z, with sounds from the actual site, images, flickers, openings of the interval, the opening of history as such. I just think it’s important that Western youth really get enthused by it, especially hip hop culture, and Kanye’s fashions and lyrics especially in this remix: “power to the people” I seen people abuse power, “use power, misuse and then lose power, power to the people at last, it’s a new hour” “the world in our lap”. So I take those particular snippets. “but you could at least grab a camera shoot a viral.”

So I made this video particularly for that reason, since this is a historic event that I feel not only validates the fact that history is never over, which is valuable for hood youth for sure, but it also validates hip hop in another sense, and finally I just hope to see more talk about this event in hip hop culture as a whole."

No comments: