Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Super Interview With Nike Nando
























For those out there that don't know of Nike Nando, how would you describe yourself and your music?


As original as you can get. My music comes from a really honest place that alot of paople can relate to. Situations such as; not being the flyest, guy who wants the girl, and being cool. lol. No matter what it's experiences based on my life as well as other peoples lives.

How'd you get the name Super Nike Nando?

I got the name my 1st show in New York City. I was with a few friends of mine and I was like, "Nike Nando" and it stuck. I have a slight sneaker fettish so, yeah...lol. The SUPER came from just my love for Super Nintendo. I still have mine. I only have 'Super Mario World' tho. lol.

Why do you think it is that the DMV (DC, Maryland & Virginia) doesn't get recognized as much as other parts of the country?

The DMV does not and will not get recognized until these fake clicks who shut people out stop doing what they're doing. I never understood that. Why are you shutting out other dope artist? Your scared that they would burn your artists ass up lyricially? That would make them look bad and take away they're cretibillity. lol. I kinda see why now..

Who inspired you growing up and who inspires you now?

Growing up I was inspired by Prince & Micheal Jackson. I used to want to do that type of music but I can't sing or dance. lol. As far as now, Kanye West really is my insparation. Drake is cool but I'm really feeling Kanye, it has nothing to do with the fashion and the other crap. His way of thinking is Genius.

Musically, who you feelin' right now?

Big Sean, Drake, Cudi & Wale. I'm sure there are some others I like but those are the ones I really can think off off top.

What are your thoughts on Drake and his new album?
Great. VERY well put together. Although, he has alot of melo relationship records on it. I say next time the songs shouldn't be so long he should just make the records shorter and do more songs.

Who's on your top 10 MC list of all-time?

Kanye, Jay-Z, Mos Def, Common, Dr. Dre, Snoop, Beanie Segal, Styles P, Jadakiss, & this is gonna make people say 'what?!" but Cam'Ron.

If you could only perform one song to a random person to try and make them into a fan, what song would you play?

"Super Nike Nando" lol. It's so random & catchy.

Who would your dream colab be with?
Ye' (Kanye)

Can you explain the song Talk To Me?

"Talk To Me" was a fictional/non-fictional record. I usually like to do something people think I can't do so when they hear it they'd be even more impressed with what I present. It's just about life. How you don't have alot of time on this earth so you need to choose your time wisley and tell the people around you that you love them.

What are your goals and ambitions in life?

To get Will Smith money & success. To make out this crab berral and learn more as I grow as a artist.

I Hate(d) my job too. What would you be doing if you weren't rapping?

I'd most definatley would be working for Nike. lol. Designing shoes because LORD KNOWS they need help. They've been really slacking.

You can follow Nando on any of the links below. Support dude and help DMV get recognized! www.whynotnando.com www.twitter.com/nikenando www.nikenando.bandcamp.com www.myspace.com/supernikenando

No comments: