Thursday, December 17, 2009

Souls Of Mischief on Soulja Boy, Lil Wayne & Jay-Z

"In this mini roundtable discussion, Opio and Phesto discuss the flaws of corporate lists – such as MTV’s – and the variety of factors one should consider when assessing The Greatest Of All Time, and Tajai insists (contrary to Baby’s recent comments, “How can you be the best if you don’t make the most money?”) that innovation is the most important factor. Then he puts it out there – “Name one thing Jay-Z or Lil Wayne brought to Hip Hop that’s new? …They brought nothing new to Hip Hop. Zero.”

I honestly think this is my favorite interview of all time! Oh my! The knowledge that Opio drops is incredible. I'm so happy he said the things he said. Props my man! And after he talks about comparing Lil Wayne vs. LL Cool J at their peaks he drops this hilarious little line, "I probably put hands on Muhammad Ali right know". A "must check" interview. I promise you won't be disappointed if you're a true rap cat. P.S. My fifth grade teacher told me to never start a sentence with "and", sorry Ms. C!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great video. Any further blog reading recommendations for lovers of the type of shit you post?

Phat Lever said...

Why not just sit down and enjoy the show here? What can we do to fulfill all your needs?
dopeboyz is a nice site but you have to wade through a lot of garbage.