Friday, November 20, 2009

Chachi Carvalho: One For Chach

















This joint just kind of fell into my lap. I don't know much about anyone on this sampler but I'm liking what I hear so far. If anyone wants to enlighten me, feel free.

"Rhode Island gets a lot of flak, even from those of us who call the state home. But, as this project’s cover indicates, there is plenty to celebrate. We have some of the nicest beaches in New England. We only need to drive for about 40 minutes maximum to get from one end of the state to the other, traffic (and speeding) permitting, of course. We might not have a professional sports team, but hey, the URI and PC basketball teams tend to just fine sometimes. And, if you somehow haven’t heard, my home also has a damn fine hip-hop scene. No one has blown up to a mainstream level, unless you count Blu Cantrell, but we have made a significant impact on the underground. And here are several artists off Potholes In My Blog’s
Ocean State Sampler who can prove that statement’s validity". The sampler is set to drop in early December.

No comments: