Saturday, October 17, 2009

Drunken Nights Never Lead To Anything Promising....














I hate drinking... I really do. Somehow I manage to continue on with my drunken ways. Last night was just another Friday night. Hangin' out with some buddies, drinking at the house and walking downtown. Half way there we get to the Catalyst (the local venue in Santa Cruz). It was packed outside... hmmm what's going on? Who's playing here tonight? I didn't realize until later on that Brother Ali was playing! Another concert missed! F*** it! So as I'm walking past the Catalyst I see this tall white dude with a ponytail waiting in line to get his pizza. Ant?! My favorite producer of all time is standing in line to get a piece of shitty pizza?? Awesome! We hung out for a good 5 minutes, took a picture, talked about hip hop and how he can't do interviews anymore.... the dude is a stand up guy for sure. He's totally down for his fans and that's all you can ask for in an artist. When I was about to leave I realized that I left my cigarettes at home (I knew if I brought them out on a drunken night my lungs would be hating me right now), "Hey Ant, I know you smoke! Can I bum one of you for a dollar?" His girlfriend looked at me and politely said "He doesn't want your dollar". Ant then turned at me and mumbled out "Yeah just use it for the waitress tonight.... I mean bartender". I think he was on the same level as me. I guess every once again a drunken night works out.

No comments: