Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nice & Smooth- Sometimes I Rhyme Slow

I've had a few interviewees flake out on me recently so here's another video for you readers to bridge the gap in between my posts. Hopefully I'll have some more interviews for you shortly. A little background info on Nice & Smooth in case you're a novice hip hop listener and haven't heard of these guys before: The group consists of Greg Nice and Smooth B. In 1989 they both appeared on the song "Pimpin' Ain't easy" by Big Daddy Kane. Smooth B also wrote songs for Bobby Brown's debut album "King Of Stage". This song, "Sometimes I Rhyme Slow" by Nice & Smooth is one of my all time favorites. The songs beat samples Tracy Chapman's song "Fast Car". Nice & Smooth definitely does Tracy's song justice. The only problem I have is with the video. I understand what their intentions were with the video but I think it kind of distracts from the song. Anyways, beautiful beat, top notch lyrics and perfect flow.


Sometimes I Rhyme Slow - Nice & Smooth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude unexpected! i got this on vinyl
not this version though
not sure which one's the remix, i think mine

Phat Lever said...

no way! so jealous!