Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Black Lung: Bad News EP



















When Black Lung emailed me asking for an interview, I was figuring he was just another wannabe myspace rapper. But upon my first listen I realized that at the very least the dude's got potential. While listening to his unreleased EP "Bad News" I couldn't tell if his sound was either not my style or maybe it was the sound of that prized golden cd that takes a while to really get into. Black Lung starts off the song "Swear To God" by saying "put your hands on your eyes, if you feel you might die, in the next couple seconds". At first listen I chuckled at that line but it's kinda growing on me. For an eighteen your old young man he has a pretty mature sounding voice and deep lines like "I get high before school and don't believe in god. And I'll never give a f!*% if I don't see my mom." After listening to his EP I asked Black Lung a few questions:

For all those hip hop heads out there, why should they buy your album?

Man, I'm just some dude that grew up listening to Master P. I'm not trying to be some ''underground rapper'' on some typical hip-hop bullshit. If you don't buy the album, come see me live. Then you'll buy the album.

If people could listen to only one song of yours what would it be?
A lot of people like "Beautiful Crazy". Bitches will like add me on myspace and I will go to their profile and be like ''hahaha she's got beautiful crazy on her shit". But dudes should listen to "Swear to God' or "X's & O's"......for real

Your first full length album, "Fishtail LP" was produced by Mac Lethal. How was it working with him?
He's a real cool dude. At the time i was like 16, so it was a real big deal to me. I've been a fan for a real long time. It was cool to be able work with some dude that i ride around in my whip listening to...

What should people expect from you in the future?
Lots of shows, mix tapes, and albums. Right now I'm working on some shit with my boy JSN. It's called "Dimes up", and the mix tape is about 75% done. But besides all the rap shit, I have some other shit in mind. That's why i'm doing this college shit..I'm out to get this paper..

You can check out Black Lung on his myspace page and can expect the EP to drop any day now.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Black Lung really is a gold cd in the ruff. I'm one of the 'bitches' who first had his 'Beautiful Crazy' on MY shiiiit! If I wasn't married I'd rape this young man for his talent and good looks!